Bachelor’s Degrees in Political Science
Political science is the thorough examination of politics, political systems and political behavior, and how these – and those who participate – affect both government and society.
What is this degree/program of study about?
The method of obtaining a bachelor’s degree in political science may vary by institution. Some classify the degree as a bachelor of arts, others a bachelor of science. In some cases, a joint BA/BS degree is available, as is a dual concentration BS in political science and public administration. In any case, a political science undergraduate program offers a broad course of study that centers on political behavior, power and authority, and conflict resolution on a social, governmental, and global scale.
What does it take to earn this degree, and what will it result in for graduates?
The length of study for a political science bachelor’s degree program generally reaches eight semesters, or four years. Once admitted, students will be exposed to such relevant subject matter as the study of comparative politics, political behavior, international relations, state and local government, environmental policies, and the American constitution, among other topics. Students will graduate with an opportunity to advance in the educational sector – earning their master’s degree before embarking on a career in higher education – or capable to serve society as political scientists. The median annual wage for political scientists is greater than $100,000, while the industry is slated to see 20 percent job growth through 2018 (BLS.gov).
Political Science Bachelor Degree Programs
- BA in Organizational Management – Political Science from Ashford University
- BA in Social Science – Political Science from Ashford University
- BA in Political Science from Oregon State University
- BA in Political Science and Government from Ashford University
- BS in Political Science from Kaplan University
- BS in Politic Science and Public Admin – Global Issues and Social Justice from Walden University
- BS in Political Science and Public Administration from Walden University